1) Taxing unhealthy products;
2) Regulating foods high in saturated fats, salt and sugar;
3) Cracking down on junk food advertising;
4) Overhauling misguided agricultural subsidies that make certain ingredients cheaper than others; and
5) Supporting local food production so that consumers have access to healthy, fresh and nutritious foods.
With your support, and the collaboration of the scientific community, the IRN will reach millions with world-class educational media and bring together the world’s leading nutrition scientists, pediatricians, moms, corporate executives and others to take action. Science will be the executive producer while the IRN builds a community 100,000 people strong with the goal to re-frame and re-tool our food system to reverse childhood obesity and diabetes in children.
Specifically, your support will make it possible for the IRN to build the world’s first Online Course that thoughtfully and deliberately illuminates and educates parents, children, and food producers on the impact of added sugar on health. This educational experience will change lives and accelerate the sea change occurring in our understanding of the science of sugar and its impact on metabolic health.
This is one of the biggest and silent problems of our time. Please contribute and be part of the solution – it will only be possible with your support.
Thanks to the support of a generous donor, donations made in 2015 are being matched 1-1 up to $100,000. When you donate to the IRN, the power of your gift will be doubled! Click here to make a secure donation online today.